University of California, Irvine, CA
Doctorate of Philosophy, Computer Science
University of California, Irvine, CA
Masters of Science, Computer Science
University of Hawaii at Manoa, Honolulu, HI
Bachelor of Science, Certificate, Computer Science, Mathematical Biology
Leeward Community College, Pearl City, HI
Associate of Arts, Liberal Arts
Galvizo G. 2021. On Indexing Multi-Valued Fields in AsterixDB. Master's thesis. University of California, Irvine.
Galvizo G. and Lim L. 2019. An Experimental Survey of Evaluation Strategies for Constellation Queries. In Proceedings of the 31st International Conference on Scientific and Statistical Database Management (SSDBM '19). ACM, New York, NY, USA, 210-213. DOI: https://doi.org/10.1145/3335783.333580
Galvizo G. Efficient Parameter Estimation for Human Microsatellite Mutation. Accepted writing for the Mathematical Biology Certificate Committee at the University of Hawaii at Manoa, Nov. 30, 2018.
Galvizo G. Efficient Parameter Estimation for Human Microsatellite Mutation. Presented at the University of Hawaii at Manoa Undergraduate Showcase, Honolulu, HI, United States, Dec. 7, 2018; oral presentation.
Galvizo G. Analysis and Optimization of Lost-in-Space Star Identification. Presented at the University of Hawaii at Manoa Undergraduate Showcase, Honolulu, HI, United States, Dec. 8, 2017; oral presentation.
Galvizo G., Izumigawa C., Lam J., Li T., Nguyen A., Saymo A., Xu P., Yasunaga C. Hawaii Space Flight Laboratory: Sounding Rocket Trainees. Presented at the Hawaii Space Grant Fellowship and Traineeship Symposium, Honolulu, HI, United States, Apr. 23, 2016; oral presentation.
Galvizo G., Izumigawa C., Li T., Nguyen A., Saymo A., Yasunaga C. Hawaii Space Flight Laboratory: Sounding Rocket Trainees. Presented at the Hawaii Space Grant Fellowship and Traineeship Symposium, Honolulu, HI, United States, Nov. 21, 2015; oral presentation.
Hasso Plattner Institute Research in Machine Learning and Data Science Fellowship at UC Irvine, Hasso Plattner Institute Research in Machine Learning and Data Science, 2021-01-01
Fellowship funding for research to support adaptive, safe, and human centered artificial intelligence.
Very Large Data Base Scholarship, Very Large Data Base Endowment Incorperated, 2018-06-01
$2000 merit based scholarship to study data management related topics.
Undergraduate Research Opportunity Program Grant, Undergraduate Research Opportunities Program, 2017-12-01
$4890 to fund the project 'Analysis and Optimization of Lost-in-Space Star Identification'.
Hawaii Space Flight Laboratory Traineeship, Hawaii Space Grant Consortium, 2015-03-01
$3000 to help develop sensor logging and flight path estimation software for CATSAT-1, a stationary payload on a sounding rocket.
Software Engineering R&D Intern, Couchbase
Fine polishing multi-valued indexes in AsterixDB for use in Couchbase Analytics.
Teaching Assistant, University of California, Irvine
Created assignments in a beyond SQL class for Postgres, Cassandra, Couchbase, and Neo4J (Winter 2020). Led discussions and created assignments in an introductory database course (Spring 2020, Fall 2020).
- Created datasets and scenarios to extract meaningful information from said datasets.
- Datasets include the Yelp dataset, a homegrown inventory management service, and a homegrown Twitter tagging service.
Software Engineer (previously High Level Software Intern), Hawaii Space Flight Laboratory
Contributed software to NMSR, the HSFL star tracker, COSMOS, and most recently the Neutron-1 projects.
- Developed cross-platform memory/load/disk library for COSMOS project.
- Created COSMOS agents and libraries for star based attitude estimation, and IMU based attitude estimation.
- Optimized and tested motion-tracking and orientation simulating processes for the satellite testbed.
- Implemented time-synchronization protocol across agents in the COSMOS framework.
Manage and service network, computers, smartboards, and other technology for the entire school.
- Setup remote management of the network, firewall, and access points.
- Organized a better integrated ticketing system at a lower cost to their previous setup.
- Mapped school network and optimized cable flow to and from various endpoints.
VEX Robotics Head Coach, Maryknoll School
Mentor 4th-12th grade students in the development, design, and application of robotics through VEX.
- Guide, mentor, and coach elementary to high school students in creating VEX and FRC competition robots.
- Created and ran several lectures on the basics of RobotC programming for VEX.
- Students are taught the basics of mechanical design, documentation, C-based programming, game strategy, project management, and teamwork.
Assistant Computer Technician, University of Hawaii Information and Computer Sciences
Manage lab machines for ICS department.
- Serviced four labs of computers, users and the networks connecting them.
- Assisted students and professors with all machine related issues
- Automated the development and unattended installation and updates of Windows programs across all lab computers.
- Developed Powershell scripts to automate Active Directory user account renewal and additions.
Ensure robotics game is played in fair and consistent manner.
Managed minutes and information regarding our meetings and community service events.
PDF Resume for Glenn Galvizo is here